Located at 3601 Lincoln St., the Waite Park Community Garden is a thriving community of 71 gardeners and their neighborhood partners working together for a successful growing season on land generously provided by the Soo Line of The Canadian Pacific Railroad.
- Organic raised-bed plots are a size-able 12’x12′ allowing gardeners to grow diverse crops like berries, herbs, flowers and vegetables
- Lovely perennial gardens beautify the grounds
- Metered city water service and several compost bins ensure optimum growing conditions
- A habitat for leaf cutting mason bees serve as garden pollinators
- A new multi-purpose shed offers storage and the possibility of a food-service counter, a lending library and a food-shelf collection site
- The garden hosts a variety of events throughout the season including member socials, a Community Garden Day Stroll and a community wide plant-exchange
- If you’re interested in obtaining a plot for the 2019 growing season as a new gardener, please attend registration event TBD at the Waite Park Recreation Center, 1810 34th Ave NE, Minneapolis. (Directions)
- Returning Gardener Registration Deadline: TBD at Waite Park Recreation Center.
- $25 annual fee
- 10-hours of service to the garden – anything from helping to maintain the grounds to serving in a leadership role
- Garden plots are allocated on a first-come / first served basis in this order – Waite Park neighborhood residents, Minneapolis residents, and then residents of any other suburbs or city
- For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook
1-hour garden orientation is mandatory for everyone in 2019. Orientation will take place at Waite Park Recreation Center (Directions). Dates are: